500 grams of fish fillet
25 ml Javanese Tamarind Water
1 stalk lemongrass, slice thinly
2 tbsp lime juice
30 ml frying oil or peanut oil
2 tsp salt or according to your taste
Banana leaves for wrapping
Stick to attach the package
Grind Spices (using blender or traditional Javanese pestle and mortar) :
10 shallots, roughly sliced
3 cloves garlic, roughly sliced
5 red chillies, cut into pieces
5 panbroiled (fried without oil) hazelnut
1.5 tsp fried shrimp paste
salt to taste
1. Smear the fish with lime juice and salt. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Wash the fish and drain.
3. Mix the grind spices with lemongrass, tamarind water, and oil. Mix well.
4. Smear the fish evenly with the mixed spices.
5. Wrap the fish inside banana leaf. Hook both ends with a stick.
6. Prepare the coals, grill the fish while flipping through until fully cooked.
Masakan Ikan & Seafood Nusantara by Sufi S.Y.