Lumpia semarang is a kind of eggroll with bamboo shoots, chicken & prawn filling. It was created by Chinese immigrants and local people in the city of Semarang in central Java. But now it has become a well known traditional food from Semarang, it's a nice portrait of how cultures could blend together and create a new innovation :)
- 3 carrots (thinly sliced like match sticks)
- 1 pack bamboo shoot (thinly sliced)
- 3 eggs (scrambled and chopped)
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 pack spring roll wrapper
- Chili sauce
- Enough oil for frying
- Stir fry onion until translucent then add garlic.
- Add chicken, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook until chicken is cooked.
- Add the vegetables and cooked for about 5 min, then add scrambled eggs
- Cool the filling
- Put one tablespoon onto a wrapper, wrap, then deep fry