3 tbsp Groundnut oil (or sunflower)
1 Big onion sliced into rings
1 md Chicken cut up
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp Shrimp paste
2 tsp Sambal Ulek (see separate -recipe)
1/2 tsp Tumeric
3/4 cc Coconut milk (thin)
1 tsp Brown sugar
2 tbp Lemon juice
1/4 lb Peeled shrimp
1 tbsp Coriander
1. Dry the chicken.
2. Heat oil stir fry the onion.
3. Add garlic petis sambal tumeric salt and pepper. Stir and then add chicken.
4. Stirring constantly add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and leave sauce. Boil until it thickens. Then add sugar and lemon juice.
6. Add shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes... until cooked.
7. Present with chicken covered in sauce and
decorate with coriander.
Yield: 6 Servings