The dish is called Pop Chicken because cutlets of chicken are dipped and marinated in spiced juice.And then the cutlets are deep fried in very hot oil for only a few minutes ( you'll hear a loud “POP” sound when the chicken enters the oil).
A free-range chicken (Not Purebred or Broiler) without heads and claws, cut into 4 parts
4 cloves garlic, grated
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp lime juice
300 ml coconut water
Sambal (Chili Sauce):
2 tbsp cooking oil
4 tbsp hot water
10 pcs of red chili, boiled
12 red onions, boiled
200 g red tomatoes, boiled
10 pcs petai (stinky beans), boiled
1 tsp salt
1. Marinate chicken pieces with garlic, salt, and lime juice. Leave it for an hour to absorb.
2. Boil the coconut water, add the chicken and the seasonings used for marinating. Cook until chicken is tender and juices run out. Lift the chicken.
3. Heat oil over medium heat. Fry the chicken for a very short time, remove and drain.
4. Serve hot with chilli sauce and boiled cassava leaves.
5. Sambal: Heat the oil, saute blended spices until fragrant.
6. Add water, stir until boiling. Lift.