- Large bunch edible ferns ( or 300 g/10 oz English spinach or amaranth)
- 50 g ( 1 ½ oz) salted or smoked fish thinly sliced (or dried prawns)
- 750 ml ( 3 cups) coconut milk
- 1 stem lemongrass bottom
- 14 cm ( 5 ½ in) only bruised
- 1 turmeric leaf
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 slices asam gelugor ( dried garcina fruit)
- 125 ml ( ½ cup) thick coconut milk salt to taste.
- Pinch off and reserve the soft fern tips remove leaves from the tough stems discarding stems wash the tips and leaves thoroughly then drain there should be about 300 g (10oz) set aside.
- Put fish coconut milk lemongrass turmeric and lime leaves and asam slices in a large saucepan and slowly uncovered until slightly thickened 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the ferns and simmer uncovered stirring frequently until tender 3 to 4 minutes add thick coconut milk and bring to the boil stirring constantly simmer 2 minutes taste and add salt in desired.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Recipe and Image Source: