The taste is Sweet, Thick, and Delicious... Yummy...
- 7 oz Indonesian Cuisines tempeh, sliced
- 1 stem (stalk) of lemon grass, crushed/smashed flat
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 inch of fresh galanga, crushed/smashed flat
- 2 1/2 cups of tap water
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 medium size red onion, chopped fine
- 1 medium size clove of garlic, crushed/smashed flat
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbs of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of coconut powder
- 1 tsp of "sambal oelek" (coarse red chili sauce), if you like it sweet and "hot".
- Mix all ingredients.
- Slow cook them on medium heat untill most of the "bumbu" solution (mixture of condiment) is absorbed by the tempeh
- Stir occasionally
- Finally, fry the tempeh submerged in sufficient oil on medium-high heat until the color of the tempe changes to light brown, but the tempe is not crispy.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
"Cooking the Indonesian Way: Includes Low-Fat and Vegetarian Recipes (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks)"