* 3½ lb. young chicken, cut into frying pieces
* ¼ cup sliced shallots
* 3 cloves garlic, sliced
* 2 tsp. crushed dried red hot chili
* 5 candlenut, crushed
* 1/8 tsp. turmeric
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 2 cups coconut milk
* 1 Tbs. Vegetable oil
* 1 thick slice ginger
* 1 stalk lemon grass
- Blend the shallots, garlic, chili, candlenut, salt and sugar with ¼ cup of the coconut milk into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the paste for a minute or two until you can smell the aroma.
- Place the chicken, ginger and lemon grass into the wok and stir fry for five minutes or more over medium heat. Then add the rest of the coconut milk, and let it cook for forty five minutes, stir the chicken frequently.
- It is ready to be served if the sauce is somewhat thickened and the chicken should be tender.
Makes 4-6 servings.