Back in the old times, a farmer's wife would prepare her husband lunch wrapped in banana leaves before he goes to rice field to work. So after working hard, her husband will spend time enjoying his wife's well prepared, fresh, and preserved meal under the small hut among the rice field. So you see how romantic banana leaves can be... :)
- 500g Shrimps, shelled and chopped
- 1/2 Coconut
- Shredded banana leaves
- 5 Red chillies
- 2 tsp Coriander, roasted
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 7 Shallots
- 2 tsp Chopped galangal
- 4 Candlenuts, fried
- 1 tsp Tamarind juice
- 2 tsp Salt and sugar or brown sugar
- Combine chopped shrimps with shredded coconut and ground spices.
- Mix well.
- Wrap 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture with banana leaf.
- Roll the leaf up and secure both ends with toothpicks.
- Continue to wrap until all the mixture is used up.
- Grill over hot charcoal or bake in an oven until cooked.
The picture above originates from: