1 1/2 pounds Fish Fillet
Ginger 1 piece
2 Thai Chiles
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Tamarind
2 tsp Soy Sauce (Dark)
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Pepper, black to taste
- Remove all skin from fish fillets, ensure that no bones remain and cut into serving-size pieces.
- Chop very finely the shallots, ginger, garlic and chiles, and pound these together with the turmeric powder, tamarind and soy sauce (or use a food processor).
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and stir-fry the spice-paste for four to five minutes, then add the fish, cover with approximately one cup of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook over a very low heat until the fish is done.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and rice.
This recipe originates from :
The picture above originates from: