500g Large shrimps, remove the head
1 tbsp Lime juice
3 tbsp Oil
2 Salam leaves or bay leaves as substitute
125 cc Water or thin coconut milk
1 tbsp Thinly sliced orange peel
8 Red chillies
10 Bird's eye chillies
2 Cloves garlic
1/2 tsp Chopped turmeric
1 tsp Chopped ginger
1/2 tsp Shrimp paste (belacan)
1 tbsp Sliced lemon grass
1 tsp Coriander, roasted
1-2 tsp Tamarind juice
5 Candlenuts, roasted or fried
- Knead the shrimps with lime juice and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and sauté ground spices and salam leaves until fragrant.
- Then pour in water or thin coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, then add shrimps.
- Cook until the gravy has thickened.
- Garnish with fried shallots and orange peel.
- Serve hot.
The picture above originates from :
The recipe above originates from: