The recipe below is taken from an Amazing book by the author that compiled many Original Indonesian Recipes, Sri Owen, in "Indonesian Regional Cooking"
- 4 Medium Red Snapper
- 1 Lime Lime Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Jumbo Shrimp
- 3 Large Macadamia Nuts
- 3 Medium Shallot
- 1 Large Red Chiles
- 2 Medium Bird's Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Large Eggplant -- Roasted
- 2 Medium Tomatoes -- Chopped
- Salt And Pepper -- To Taste
- 20 Leaves Basil -- Chopped
- Marinate fish and shrimp in lime juices and salt for at least 2 hours.
- Place nuts, shallots, both chilies and broth in a blender. Blend to a paste.
- Skin the roasted eggplant and chop into small pieces.
- Coat fish and shrimp in the paste. Remove and set aside. With the remaining paste, add the eggplant pieces, tomatoes,salt and pepper.
- Saute fish and shrimp until done about 4 minutes per side. Heat the eggplant mixture to a serving temperature.
- Serve fish over rice, topped with eggplant mixture and sprinkled with basil.