Honestly, this is a very unique dish for me... It has Cassava cut into pieces and added into the soup, Hm.. that's very tempting...
500 gr ikan bandeng (mackarel)
500 gr singkong (cassava)
1000 ml water
2 salam leaves
1 tsp asem (tamarind)
1 tsp palmsugar
1/2 tsp salt
Spices to grind:
4 cloves garlic
3 cm ginger
2 cm laos
3 cm turmeric
4 red chillies
1 tsp shrimp paste / terasi /belacan
1 lemon grass
- Clean the fish and slice it into pieces.
- Slice the singkong (cassava) into small pieces.
- Pound or grind the ingredients for the bumbu fine into a paste.
- Heat in a pan the water and add the spices, the salam and the singkong (cassava).
- Lower the heat and add the fish, the salt and the palmsugar and let it simmer slowly until the singkong and the fish are cooked.