1 kg Chicken, cut into 8 pieces
4 tbsp Shredded galangal
5 tbsp Oil
2 Salam leaves or bay leaves as substitute
1 stalk Lemon grass, bruised
Oil for deep-frying
3 cloves Garlic
3 Candlenuts, roasted
1 tsp Tamarind
1 tsp Chopped turmeric
Salt and sugar to taste
- Combine chicken with ground spices and shredded galangal and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken.
- Add salam leaves and lemon grass.
- Cover the pan and fry over low heat, adding a little water if necessary.
- Remove the chicken when it is half-cooked.
- Deep fry the chicken until golden brown, then drain.
- Serve the chicken with fried shredded galangal sprink