1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp green food coloring
1/3 cup desiccated coconut, soak in water to moisten
1/2 tsp salt
- Grease 15 cupcake moulds.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs on high speed until pale and creamy.
- Fold in quarter of the coconut milk, quarter of the flour, then stir gently to combine. Repeat this step until all milk and flour are folded inches.
- Fold in the food coloring and stir to combine.
- Put 2-3 tbs of dessicated coconut into each mould, press firmly into base.
- Fill the moulds with batter until full.
- Place in a saucepan half-filled with hot water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer, then steam for 35-50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When the cakes are cooked, leave to stand for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each mould, then ease the pudding out onto a serving plate.