Yield: 2 Servings
5 Eggs, hard-boiled and Sliced into halves
2 tbsp Peanut oil
1 medium Onion, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, chopped
1 Candlenut, grated
1 tsp Laos (galangal)
1 tsp Sambal Ulek (Look for Sambal Ulek Recipe in my recipe list to learn how to prepare it)
Salt to taste
½ tsp Brown sugar
1 Salam leaf
1 cup Coconut milk
- Place the sliced eggs in a serving dish.
- In separate pan, heat up peanut oil.
- Saute onion, garlic, candlenut, laos (galangal), sambal oelek and salt.
- Be cautious to avoid burning.
- Add brown sugar, salam leaf and coconut milk.
- Bring mixture to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over hard-boiled eggs and serve.