- 5 Shallots
- 10 Candle nuts
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 4 Indian bay leaves/Salam
- 1/2 lb. (250g) Jack fruit
- 2-1/2 tsp. (12g) Coriander seeds
- 1-1/4 tsp. (6g)Cummin
- 1/4 cup (62ml) Coconut sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) Coconut milk
- 2 tsp. (30g) Tamarind
- 2 lb. (1kg) Chicken (cut into small pieces with bone)
- 5 cups (1.25l) water
- 2 inches bruised Galangga
Cut jack fruit 1 inch thick wash.
Boil until tender. Ground shallots, candle nuts, saute paste, salam leaves, and galangga until fragrant then add chicken pieces.
Stir fry until chicken changes color.
Pour 4 cups of water and coconut sugar, bring to a boil.
Add jack fruit and simmer until chicken and vegetables are tender.
Add coconut milk 5 minutes before it's done, bring back to a boil.
Serve hot with rice.
This dish is sweet and usually served with shrimp cracker.