2.4 lbs Chicken
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Tamarind Water
500 ml Water
2 tbsp Sweet soy sauce ( "Kecap Manis" )
3 pcs Chopped tomatoes
2 tsp Javanese palm sugar ( "Gula Merah" )
l50 gr Red chilies
6 cloves Garlic
2 tsp Shrimp paste
2 cm Ginger
2 cm Lesser galangal
2 tsp salt
1. Cut the chicken into 8 - 10 pieces, then smear it with salt and Javanese Tamarind Water.
2. Knead the chicken and leave it for 10 minutes to let it absorbs the seasonings.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a wok or skillet, fry the chicken until yellowish.
4. Remove and drain.
5. Heat 5 tbsp of cooking oil, saute (stir-fry) spices until fragrant.
6. Add the fried chicken, stir, and pour water.
7. Add sweet soy sauce, sugar, tomatoes and palm sugar.
8. Continue to cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked well and the sauce thickens.