2 tsp Brown Sugar
500 g Rumpsteak, lean
3 tsp Coriander
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Laos (Galangal)
2 tsp Lemon juice
4 Medium onions, chopped
1 Medium onion, crushed
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
120 ml Santan (thick coconut milk)
2 Curry leaves
Oil as required
Salt to taste
- Boil the meat in sufficient water until the steak is cooked and almost disintegrating.
- Remove the meat from the stock and shred it.
- Mix the following ingredients and spices together thoroughly: meat, crushed onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, laos, brown sugar, lemonjuice, salt.
- Fry the above mixture in a little hot oil on a high heat for approximately five minutes.
- Add the santan and the curry leaves, turn the heat to medium and cook until everything is cooked and all fluid has evaporated.
- Remove the curry leaves.
- Fry the chopped onions in hot oil until they are brown and crisp.
- Mix the fried onions with the mixture prepared above.
This recipe is one of many Exotic Indonesian Recipes in "Cooking the Indonesian Way", by Alec Robeau
Btw It's never a sin to have a book of Indonesian Recipes in your bookshelf
The picture above is originated from: