* 600g mackerel
* 2 cm turmeric
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 lime
* salad oil
* 1 lemon grass, crush
* 375cc water
* 3 tbs kecap manis (sweet ketchup)
Mix Spice: * 75g red chilies
* 10 shallots
* 3 cloves garlic
* 5 candlenuts
* 1cm ginger
* 1 tbs tamarind juice
1. Grind all the mix spice ingredients in the blender. Scrape the scales off and wash the
mackerel, cut into pieces in appropriate size, macerate with salt, squeezed lime juice and
turmeric for 10-20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, pan fry the mackerel.
3. Heat the oil, fry ground mix spice and lemon grass until fragrant. Add water and kecap
manis (sweet ketchup) and bring to boil, simmer to thicken the sauce stirring constantly.
4. Put in the fried mackerel and simmer until the fish absorb the sauce.