Wedang Ronde ( Glutinous Balls in Ginger Water. )
50 gr peanut,roast, and grind coarsely.
50 gr sugar
150 gr glutineous rice fluor
1,5 teaspoon tapioca starch
about 150ml warm water.
green & red food coloring
The ginger water
10 cm ginger, crushed
2 stalks lemon grass
2 pandan ( screwpine )leaves
300 gr sugar
1. Mix ground peanut with sugar. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix glutineous rice fluor + tapioca starch + salt. (or sugar according to Ben)
3.Add warm water little by little until mixture is pliant.
4. Devide the mixture into three. One for red, one green, and one plain. Form litlle balls about the size of a marble. Fill with the peanut mixture.
5.Cook the balls in hot boiling water until floating. Remove and set aside.
6. Boil all the ginger water ingredients.
7.Lower the heat.Keep cooking for another 15 minutes for the spiciness and aroma to infuse.
8. Serve warm/hot with the glutineous balls.