Never have innards as your meal ?? It's your time to try...
Never judge before you taste some...
Innards are common ingredients in Indonesian menus...
- 200g Brisket
- 800g Innards (heart, tripe, intestines, liver, lung)
- 2 1/2 liters Water
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk Lemon grass, bruised
- 1 Turmeric leaf
- 1 piece Dried sour fruit (Garcinia cambogia)
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- 50g Rice flour & 1 tbsp cornflour for each 500cc stock
- Fried shallots for garnishing
- 8 Red Chillies
- 2 tsp Coriander, roasted
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, roasted
- 6 Shallots
- 1 tsp Chopped turmeric
- 1 tsp Chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp Chopped galangan
- Boil the brisket and innards until half-cooked.
- Then add ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, turmeric leaf and dried sour fruit.
- Add hot water if necessary.
- Simmer until the meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and innards and cut into 1 X 2 X 3 cm pieces.
- Thread meat onto the skewers, making sure that every, skewer has brisket and various innards.
- Brush with oil and grill over hot charcoal until dry.
- Thicken the remaining marinade with rice flour and cornflour mixed with a little water.
- Serve satay with ketupat (compressed rice cake) or lontong (rice dumplings).
- Pour hot sauce over the meat and sprinkle with fried shallots.